Monday, September 7, 2009

The Goo Goo Dolls - Superstar Car Wash


Don't make the mistake I made and buy it on itunes; I always find the real pleasure in purchasing an album is actually getting the CD itself from the store or ordering it online. I've rarely ever bought any album twice, and right now I am considering getting this CD. I've only done that with few albums like Moving Pictures by Rush, Superunknown and Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden. I always describe this album as if it were really a hits collection of The Goo Goo Dolls because each song on this album is good enough to fool someone into believing it really is a hits collection (though I don't actually come out and lie like that, but you know what I mean). I also find that this album goes great in the background of a lot of things like driving, playing video games, doing homework, whatever the case might be. This album may also take some time to get into; when I first got this on itunes I blew through the whole album and found that I liked the first few songs maybe. I think the best way to maneuver through this album is to do what someone else suggested in these reviews: listen to the first seven songs then take a break and finish with the next seven songs. If you like the good old-school rock 'n' roll fun stuff like The Replacements, I'd say it's essential to add this to your collection.

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

I totally agree with you. Sure, the other albums are also great.. but there's so much energy in this cd and it's only rock songs!

kkrizik said...

Excellent review - really helpful, now on my wish list of albums - thanks!