Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Didn't Mean To Neglect This Blog...


I really wish I'd update my blog more often. I also really wish I'd post more reviews on here, as I enjoy speaking favorably about the things I like that I believe should get more attention. I might do another video game review since I'd only written that one for Conker: Live & Reloaded. I've been playing Jet Force Gemini lately so I feel that's on my mind for reviewing.

On a side note, some weeks ago I contributed a map to the project, "Plutonia Revisited." It's going to be a 32-level game compatible for the original Final Doom engine. It's a tribute to The Plutonia Experiment, which was one of the two games that made the whole of Final Doom. The map I made is a tribute to map 22, "Impossible Mission" and in reflection to that I decided to call mine Suicide Mission. I'm very pleased with how the map turned out and I hope it makes it in all right. I also worked somewhat on a map that was supposed to be a map 32 slot. Map 32 of Plutonia was the toughest map of the set; and as tradition has it (well, at least for Plutonia 2 and this project) the level typically is a remake of an older doom map with tons of monsters and new areas. I worked on it some of the way and I sent it to someone else to work on it, so I guess you could say I'm doing a collaboration map. I basically took the first area of the first three Plutonia maps and blended them together with a couple new areas (plus I re-textured the thing). Though I wish instead of pasting them together I should have just created them from scratch based on memory; I'm absolutely certain I could have done so. Anyway, maybe when I get the map back I'll fix those areas up and add some new ones as well.

At some point, I'd also like to post about my spirituality. I'd like to be honest with people who are curious about my character since I've never had the opportunity to open up to anyone. The way I see it, I don't want to pour myself out before anyone who doesn't want to hear about it, so I'll just post some things on here. More likely I'll just recommend some great sources as to where I like to look when I need some encouragement or to learn more about God. He is a very interesting guy. :)

Anyway, I guess I'll leave it at that for now. Hope to return with some great things.

No comments: