Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sting-Brand New Day


This is a pretty good album, not Sting's best CD though. I'd have to say that there are three songs on this album that stand out; A Thousand Years, Desert Rose & Ghost Story (My favorite). I guess I don't like this as much as I used to, I'm thinking it's those three songs that made me rave about it at first. I think A Thousand Years is actually the first Sting Song I've heard, so that one song alone really means something to me. Desert Rose has it's own unique sound I'm sure most people can agree with, and I'm sure many people believe this to be one of his best songs (If not Fields Of Gold or something else). Ghost Story I think is Sting's most under rated song, it has such a beautiful sound that I can never stop listening to. There are still even some nice songs on here, not my favorite but still nice to hear. Big Lie Small World is strange but has a pretty good sound. After The Rain Has Fallen has a great sound too, with all the beats and symphonies in the background to entice the overall sound. I'm sure Brand New Day was meant to stick out more on this album, but I don't think it sticks out as well as the other songs mentioned. Overall, I think this is a pretty good album, with some great sounds here and there (great lyrics too) Ghost Story is probably my favorite above all though.

Track listing (favorites marked with *)

1. A Thousand Years*
2. Desert Rose*
3. Big Lie Small World
4. After The Rain Has Fallen*
5. Perfect Love...Gone Wrong
6. Tomorrow We'll See
7. Prelude To The End Of The Game
9. Fill Her Up
10. Ghost Story*
11. Brand New Day*

Rating: ****

No comments: